The Clifton Arts Academy brings arts education, expression, and vibrancy to Clifton Middle School students. Its goal is to create integrated arts opportunities that offers classes, productions, access to career professionals, master arts series, classroom art opportunities and curriculum, and opportunities to showcase our students' work. We define art broadly as any way to create creativity. Classes are held on Wednesdays after school.
So far, we have offered our student workshops in:
- Film Production and Photography
- Fine Arts and Graphic Arts
- Music production Drama Production and Performance
- Costume design
- Color Guard
- Book Making
Not all kids learn the same. For some, art expression will help the learning process through:
- Improved Academic Performance
- Motor Skills
- Confidence-Express emotions and develop autonomy and social interaction
- Visual Learning Art education teaches students how to interpret, criticize, and sue visual information, and how to make choices based on it.
- Decision Making - The arts strengthen problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Collaboration - Many of the arts require kids to work together. They must share responsibility and compromise to achieve their common goal.
- Accountability - Just like collaboration, kids in the arts learn that they are accountable for their contributions to the group.
- Success and Mastery
The Clifton Arts Academy relies on our community partners, sponsors, and donors to help make our program a success.
We are currently looking for:
- Artists who would like to teach a class or speak at one of our Master Art Series programs
- Existing opportunities where our students can participate
- Sponsors to help fund our program
- Volunteers to be part of our CAA Committee
Special thanks to the partners below for their support of our program.