The English Language Arts Department ensures that all students have access to rigor through textual analysis and writing in order to develop the ability to think critically. Clifton offers Common Core grade level and honors classes for all grades 6-8.
The members of the Language Arts department are:
- Natasha Diephius: 6th grade regular, 6th grade honors, and English Language Development
- Naomi Godinez: 6th grade regular, 6th grade intervention, and 7th grade honors
- Marcie Hoopes: 8th grade regular and 8th grade honors
- Sydney Loft: 7th grade regular and 7th grade honors
- Allyssa Valmores: 6th grade honors, 8th grade regular, and 7/8 ELD Support